The annual NJ Mineral, Fossil, Gem & Jewelry Show is being held April 3-7, 2019, at the NJ Convention & Expo Center in Edison, NJ. It is a must-attend event not only for collectors and enthusiasts, but for the curious, nature appreciators, and science-minded folks as well. Families are warmly welcomed, which is why the show is a Top 10 NJ Family Event. This is the 8th annual show and the largest gem show east of Denver.
This year's special exhibit is The Scoop on Poop: The Science of What Animals Leave Behind. Fish do it, frogs do it, pythons, eagles, and elephants do it, yet poop is one of those subjects we find difficult to talk about with a straight face. Kids, however, are positively fascinated by it, and we can learn a lot about an animal by examining what it leaves behind. (Included in the ticket price)
If you enjoy perusing one-of-a-kind jewelry, or are fascinated by rocks, minerals, and crystals, or can appreciate dinosaurs and fossils from the dawn of life, or if you’re just looking for a fun and educational outing with your family, then don’t miss this show. There’s plenty to enjoy, with 400 booths of items for sale. You can come home with a meteorite, dinosaur bones, a T-rex tooth, gold nuggets, rocks that glow under UV light, crystals, emeralds still in the rock where they grew, amber (with or without insects), petrified wood, artisan jewelry, polished gemstones, turquoise, beads, opals, home décor made from fossils, and even a complete dinosaur.
DISCOUNTED WEEKDAY TICKETS (Wednesday thru Friday, Noon - 8 pm)
$10 purchased online
$15 cash at the door
Under 4 years old FREE
WEEKEND TICKETS (Saturday & Sunday, 10 am – 6 pm)
$15 purchased online
$20 cash at the door
Under 4 years old FREE
Buy tickets: www.NJ.Show
What You’ll Find...
• The special exhibit, located in the Main Ballroom, will be The Scoop on Poop: The Science of What Animals Leave Behind.
• Even more dinosaur skeletons than last year, courtesy of Dinosaur Brokers
• Dinosaurs Rock will present their 3,000 square foot museum display of dinosaurs and other amazing fossils.
• NY & NJ mineral, fossil, and lapidary clubs will keep the kids busy with activities and giveaways.
• Garden State Parkway Exit 127 if Northbound or Exit 129 if Southbound, to Route 440 South. Once on Route 40, take the first exit onto 514 West/Woodbridge Avenue. (Don’t get on the Turnpike!) Follow Part 2.
• NJ Turnpike Exit 10, keep right after toll. Follow Part 2.
• 1-287 South to 514 West / Raritan Center (the exit after the one for the NJ Turnpike). Follow Part 2.
• Part 2: You are now on Woodbridge Ave. Take the 1st right onto Raritan Center Parkway. Follow this road for 1.5 miles until Sunfield Ave where you’ll make a right. The NJ Expo Center is ahead on the left.
• Mass Transit: Metropark Station is the closest to the venue and the cab ride is about 14 minutes.